Thursday, March 1, 2012

work space ideas.


Well, we're finally in our loft. We love it so much and still can't believe that it's our home. We'll slowly post pictures as we move in more and more. In the meantime, you can always follow me on instagram to see pictures of it. Just follow thedaintywoods.

One of the spaces that isn't set up is my work space. (Currently, I have my keyboard in my lap and our computer is sitting on top of a filing cabinet.) Philip is building me a desk to work at. He's also building 4 or 5 other big pieces of furniture/ shelving systems so I can be patient. Since I'm eager to have my work space set up, I've been browsing blogs and Pinterest for ideas. Here's a few:

1. We had a lot of little things in our house. Before we moved, we got rid of a lot of it because our home was way too cluttered. However, I still have quite the collection of small things for my work space. If displayed right (I love how this photo was styled), it won't seem so overwhelming.

2. Again, we're trying for the whole less is more thing. We've both been drawn to straight lines, simple yet bold prints, and a lot of clean mid-century inspired shapes. However, I still have this need for sparkle, fringe, and whimsical to be in plain sight as inspiration (just not everywhere). I love how Joy displayed this Confetti System garland. There's the perfect corner just above my work pace for something like this. I'll be able to see it when I'm working, but it's definitely not a spot that catches your eye when you walk into the room.

3. Saw this and immediately thought, "this is definitely happening to my desk." Definitely.

4. This photo is also from Joy's home. I love these metallic circles on the wall. I'm thinking I will make a few and make it look like they're coming out from the garland in the corner.

There are some other things I've been wanting for my desk. A chair like this has always been on the list. We bought a set of herman miller chairs on craigslist for a great deal and I bought this rug from Ikea to go on top.

I also need to come up with a shelving/ storage solution. Right now there's just a big pile of my work things where my desk will be. I've been trying to figure out where all the stuff in the boxes will go once the desk is built. I wanted simple shelves above my desk like this, but I may need something like this. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment